CHARLESTON, W.Va., Jan. 8, 2015 — Join us for Read-A-Palooza, Read Aloud West Virginia’s annual fundraising event from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on March 9 at Paterno’s at the Park in Charleston.!
Read-A-Palooza features a silent auction, live music, food and beverages and offers a happy hour feel. It’s an evening for adults to come together in support of the Read Aloud mission.
That mission is to keep books in the hands and on the minds of West Virginia’s children.
Here’s what we’re doing to change the literacy climate in West Virginia:
• Training and organizing volunteers to read aloud in 185 schools in 25 WV counties, reaching an estimated 36,500 children this school year.
• Educating families about the well-established benefits of reading aloud in the home.
• Engaging the community in our efforts by partnering with businesses, medical providers, and government agencies.
• Distributing books: over 4,000 in 2014.
• Providing enrichment resources to schools and teachers.
Read-A-Palooza is a great time with a purpose. We hope to see you there!
Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the door.
Order tickets by phone at (304) 345-5212
Or send payment by mail to:
Read Aloud West Virginia
PO Box 1784
Charleston, WV 25326
Corporate sponsorships are also available. Please contact us at the number above or e-mail Lynn Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org to become a Read-A-Palooza sponsor!